Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The countdowns have begun

So. It's late...I've had a long day. The devil cat is asleep in my lap...resting till his next assault on an unsuspecting table leg, lamp shade or human face.

Just a few thoughts before the iPad slips through my grasp and I go into a deep snoring coma.

The book finally arrived. Remember that scene from Back to the Future where the "used-to-be-nerdy-but-now-he's-cool" Marty McFly opens the box and unveils his completed science fiction book? Ok. I kind of felt like Marty. It has been over a year in the making, and it finally arrived via UPS. I am sure the good people at Crossbooks will be glad to know I won't be harassing them much more, they have finally produced a polished book that I am happy with.

It has been a long journey. One that I have learned a great deal from. Whether or not the book sells 50 copies or 50,000...this books success will be measured by how you, the readers of this book take it's message to heart.

So. Without further adue. (is that how you spell adue?) I give you the countdown.

36 days till the official release of the book. It will be the biggest event since Apple's unveiling of the iPhone. Fortunately, you have 36 days to prepare yourself, call your friends, order pizza and sit in front of your laptops awaiting the moment it goes live to purchase your copy.

8 days till my cruise. I'm headed to Mexico. There's no stopping me either. I will answer all call in the order in which it was received. This includes, text, Facebook, email, voicemail and US mail. It is a much needed trip with my wife.

Seriously. It's late. I'll wake up in the morning and probably delete this because I've already dozed off twice while writing and I don't have the frame of mind to go back and proofread.

Next blog...I will be interviewing a random 4 year old on his thoughts on the book. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment